Increasing the number of times the ads on your site or blog are clicked is the most obvious strategy. There are two general strategies you can follow :
- Increase the traffic to the site, and/or
- Adjust the ads to make them more "clickable"
Other tips for getting traffic:
- Publish articles, even free ones, with links back to your site
- Include a link to your site in the signature at the bottom of your emails or in any forum postings you make (if the forum allows it).
- Participate in forums/groups related to the content of your site or blog. The key is to participate, not lurk, and don't just post messages promoting your site.
- Add relevant comments to other blogs, you can usually link back to yours. (This won't help your search engine rankings, but it may allow others who are reading those comments to find your own site.)
- Syndicate your content (trivial if you have a blog) and make sure that the content is registered with syndication aggregators.
- List your site in relevant directories.
- Position the ads on the page in order to make them more noticeable. Google even publishes a helpful heat map for AdSense publishers.
- Choose the best AdSense ad format that works for your site.
- Change the ad colors either to make the ads blend in with your site or to make them stand out. Again, it varies depending on the site.
- Carefully targeting your content, and/or
- Filtering out and avoiding low-paying ads
- Figuring out which keyword variations for that topic pay more. Often the more specialized variations and phrases pay more than the "generic" terms.
- Ensuring that the keyword density of the content favors the higher-paying keyword variations.
- Use AdSense's competitive filter mechanism to screen out the ads that you don't want.
- Show fewer ads on a page. The fewer ads you show, the more the higher-paying ads get displayed and clicked.
Articlemaniac. Please browse for more information at our websites.